What is Search Engine Marketing?
Generally, in PPC marketing your ads are displayed on other websites and if a user clicks on it ,the advertiser has to pay fixed rate for each click. It is also known as cost per click marketing. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically.
The hidden motive behind PPC is to drive more and more traffic to your website and generate more leads converting them into sales eventually. It is an incredible tool for marketers who are willing to invest and get a good traffic to their site leading to sales.
Learn the various aspects of SEM such as PPC advertising, mobile app marketing, YouTube marketing, affiliate marketing in-depth through this course. Get to know how paid search & search engine optimisation techniques work together & how site analytics can provide valuable insight to help you focus & prioritise your efforts.
- SEM connects potential clients directly with the business. Hence, it is an effective form of online marketing.
- SEM is also portrayed as the most cost-effective marketing strategy, as you decide your budget for your campaigns.
- Search engines are the one way people find websites, over 80% of the internet traffic rely on search engines and online ads in locating websites.
- There are substantial amount of online acquisitions made from web users delivered by search engines.
- By effectively using SEM methods such as search engine optimization (SEO), Pay per click (PPC), and local search marketing, it is possible for growing businesses to gain lead in the competition.